E' USCITA PCLINUXOS ZENMINI 2009.2!!!!

7 contenuti / 0 new
Ultimo contenuto
Ritratto di joanlui
Iscritto: 30/10/2008 - 11:49
E' USCITA PCLINUXOS ZENMINI 2009.2!!!!
Ritratto di GeraldineQ
Iscritto: 17/06/2010 - 12:32

Ok, have downloaded from torrents http://www.torrentbasket.com and installed the new Zen 2009.2, and topped it up with my preferred apps. Had to go and turn off my on-board sound in bios, as it insisted on trying to play thru there despite me telling it to use my card, a d a few other minor issues, but i worked thru them. But this is a pain. Have fully updated, installed and setup Samba, setup shares, restarted Samba, and STILL I can't access anything on the network. Can see icon for windows network in Places section, can see that and couple other network attached things, but clicking on the icon immediately gives me "DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)". Have tried browsing my shares from my own box, and from the others. No good. Out of ideas of my own. The migraine isn't helping at all. Suggestions/solutions?

Ritratto di monsee
Moderatore
Iscritto: 16/09/2009 - 12:34

Why have you installed PCLinuxOS 2009.2 ?
Now, in this time, the best choice is PCLinuxOS 2010. Freely downloadable.
And, for ZENmini, of course, PCLinuxOS 2010 ZENmini. Also, freely downloadable.
It's a very good "distro" (I have it), maybe the most elegant, very charming, and work well.

Ritratto di lynn1221
Iscritto: 10/11/2010 - 07:30

DBus error org.freugg boots kidsedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)". Have tried browsing my shares from my own box, and from the others. No good. Out of ideas of my own. The migraine isn't helping at all. Suggestions/solutions?

Ritratto di monsee
Moderatore
Ritratto di fastfinder
Iscritto: 26/11/2010 - 11:45

I agree with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your forthcoming updates on this topic. Saying thanks will not just be enough, for the phenomenal clarity that presents in your writing. I will right away grab your rss feed to stay abreast of any updates of chat script. James

Ritratto di monsee
Moderatore

I welcome your "little" sarcasm, thank you. For the future, I hope and willing to help better. However, amicably (of corse).